Classical guitar is one of the most famous musical instruments in the world. It exists in many music genres and is the only stand-alone musical instrument beside the piano, which does not need another instrument to accompany.
On the downside, classical guitar is rarely included in orchestras (symphonic, etc.) due to the instrument build nature and to the lack of repertoire for guitar and orchestra. This makes the guitar learning process, a “solitary” experience, because the lesson is mostly private and rarely gives the opportunity to the guitar students, to perform in groups and ensembles.
As from October 2017, Potenzia Del’Arte will provide the “Guitar Ensemble” class, giving guitar students the opportunity to perform as members of a guitar orchestra.
Students that will choose to attend the lesson will benefit as they will learn to:
• Listen and feel the music better (musicality), by playing music with others.
• Listen and observe different styles, approaches and techniques of other students.
• Play a repertoire especially transcribed for a Guitar Orchestra (from Bach, Beethoven to Hatzidakis, Beatles, movie soundtracks, etc.)
• Co-operate with their classmates as a team with a common goal, to perform their work in front of audiences.
• And mostly, to have fun playing music!
“Guitar Ensemble” class is available for students who already take guitar lessons and are at least Grade 3 Level.
Supervising Teacher: Angelos Cheipeloglou